Atmosphere® Engage Quick Start Guide
Atmosphere® Engage is a simple and effective way to run omni-channel campaigns powered by Atmosphere® SmartFlows. With pre-built templates and flows, teams across the enterprise can build campaigns and manage the process of communicating with audiences all in one place. This ready-to-use application allows you to focus less on the technical side of building campaigns and more on engaging with your target audience.
It’s becoming more and more difficult to attract the attention of your prospects and contacts. So, it’s important your outreach is timely and precise. Pre-built templates and flows allow you to concentrate on the big picture and execution rather than on backend programs. This means you can keep your focus on your messaging and scheduling rather than spending time or resources on coding.
IntelePeer Customer Portal
Click My Applications in the side bar to access the Marketplace.
You see Engage as an icon in the Marketplace.
Atmosphere® CPaaS Portal
Click Engage in the menu bar at the top of the page to get started.
Learning the Landscape
When opening Engage, you are brought to the homepage.
At the top left-hand side of the screen are three options in the collapsible menu.
Note: Portal is not a menu option when you access Engage through the Atmosphere® CPaaS Portal.
Create a Campaign
To create a new campaign, click the plus sign button at the top of the homepage. The New Campaign form opens.
Note: The first time you open the New Campaign screen, a dismissible welcome message appears at the top of the page.
Fill out the form. Fields with an * are required and your campaign can only be published if they are filled out. However, you can click the Save Draft button at the bottom of the form at any time to save your progress.
- Name your campaign.
- The name appears in the table on the homepage and on the top of the form (New Campaign:).
- Provide a campaign description.
- This field is optional. If you choose to provide a description, it appears in the table on the homepage once the campaign is saved.
- Add your list(s).
- The list determines the campaign recipients.
- You can choose one or multiple previously uploaded lists from the drop-down menu of Current Lists Available.
- Or click upload to create and upload a new list.
- See the Campaign Lists section below for more information.
- Select the type of campaign.
- You can send your campaign out via Voice (Phone Call), Text (SMS), or Custom (via a customized SmartFlow).
- For a Voice campaign, select Outbound Call.
- For a Text campaign, select Outbound SMS.
- For a Custom campaign, select a previously created SmartFlow from the drop-down list. See the Integrating with Atmosphere® SmartFlows section below for more information.
Note: If you select a SmartFlow for your campaign and later edit the flow, you must update your campaign to reflect any changes. Simply select the campaign from the homepage and reselect the SmartFlow from the drop-down list.
- Decide when you want to run the campaign.
- You can choose to run the campaign manually from the homepage or set up an automatic schedule for future deployment.
- Use the Schedule Builder to select the campaign start and end dates and time windows.
The Clear Schedule and Save Schedule buttons appear at the bottom of the Campaign Schedule window:
Click Save Schedule then Publish to set your campaign to run on the day(s) and time(s) selected. The campaign status is then set to Scheduled and automatically runs according to your specifications.
Click Clear Schedule to erase any previously selected day and time specifications.
- Select how many times you want to retry your campaign.
Note: This field is not editable if you have elected to manually run your campaign in the previous step.
- After you select a number of retry attempts greater than 0, the Retry Interval field appears to specify the time between attempts.
- Create or edit the content of your campaign.
- This section is automatically pre-filled based on the type of campaign you selected. The content can be edited within this field, if needed.
- In the example below an Outbound SMS Text campaign was selected and the following content was automatically pre-filled.
- View or edit the fields in your list(s) headers.
- This section is automatically filled based on the list(s) you selected. The field headers can be added to your campaign content by dragging them into the message on the left.
- In the example below four headers were included in the selected list and can be used in the campaign.
- Assign the number the you want to send your campaign from.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to choose a number from your inventory.
- From the Choose Number/Variable pop–up you can search for a number or view your available Local, Toll Free, or Short Code/Alphanumeric numbers by category.
- Click Save Draft or Publish.
- Save Draft:
Your campaign now appears on the homepage in Draft status and can be completed or edited at any time.
Your campaign is validated to ensure all required fields have been completed. Once it passes validation your campaign is ready to run!
If you elected to manually run your campaign: Click the Run Campaign button to immediately run the campaign or click the green arrow button on the homepage at any time to run the campaign. The campaign status is Published.
If you scheduled your campaign: Your campaign automatically runs according to your day and time specifications. The campaign status is Scheduled.
- Save Draft:
Run a Campaign
Navigate to the Campaigns homepage. All existing campaigns are listed on this page. Campaigns in Published status have a green ‘Run’ arrow button on the right. Click this button to execute the campaign. The status is automatically updated to Active while it's running.
Note: Scheduled campaigns don't have a Run button because they are already scheduled to deploy at a specified time. Their status is Scheduled, automatically updating to Active while running.
Pause a Campaign
To immediately stop running a campaign in Active status or prevent a Scheduled campaign from deploying on the start date/time, click the Pause button on the Campaigns page.
Once you are ready to continue with a paused campaign, click the Resume Campaign button.
Lists determine who receives your campaign. On the Lists page you can view all existing lists, create and upload a new list, add contacts to an existing list, or delete a list.
Create and Upload a New List
To create and upload a new list, click the plus sign button. The New List form opens.
Fill out the form. Fields with an * are mandatory in order to save your list.
- Name your list. The name appears in the table on the Lists page and at the top of the form (New List:).
- Provide a list description. This appears in the table on the Lists page once your list is saved.
- Contact lists must be in the form of a CSV file.
- If you already have a CSV file ready, you can select it using the Choose File button at the bottom left.
- If you do not have a CSV file, click Download Template on the bottom right to open a blank file template. Insert your contacts into the spreadsheet and save the file to your desktop for easy access. After saving the file, click Choose File and in the pop-up window select your spreadsheet and click Open.
- Header values are automatically extracted from the file and a new field appears where you can select existing headers or create new ones.
- Select Use Existing Headers and move to the next step, or select Create New Headers and manually add them in the provided text boxes.
- Select the appropriate method of contact option.
- The split contacts by timezone checkbox appears. Click the box to ensure recipients are contacted at the most appropriate local time.
- Click Submit. Your list is now available for use in a campaign.
Add Contacts to an Existing List
You can easily add contacts to an existing list without having to reupload the entire list.
From the Lists page, select the list you wish to add contacts to from the table. The Update List page opens and all existing contacts are displayed.
Click the blue plus sign. The Add Contact pop-up opens.
Enter the values for each Detected Header in the provided List Field text box (in the example above: name, email, and phone number) and then click the green Save button.
Engage works seamlessly with Atmosphere® SmartFlows to help create an end-to-end customer journey. With SmartFlows, you can build workflows that are integrated with your business processes, giving you control over the customer communications experience across voice and messaging channels and third-party business applications. Being able to build your own workflows in SmartFlows and manage your campaigns through Engage leads to a fully customized customer experience.
SmartFlows are added and configured through the Custom campaign type option.
SmartFlows users can create their own custom flow templates and use them in Engage by following a few simple steps:
- Build the flow in SmartFlows by using the Inbound API trigger.
- No additional configuration is required for the trigger, but data elements from records in Engage (such as first name) can be specified as variables to be used in the course of the flow.
- Depending on the design of the communications flow, the Inbound API trigger is followed by either a Dial action (for outbound calling campaigns) or an SMS action (for outbound SMS notifications). Design these elements in the configuration panel on the right side of the screen. The $ANI represents the phone number of the contact in a campaign and is replaced by specific phone numbers in the selected list. The $DNIS represents the caller ID configured on the campaign.
- SmartFlow fields can be configured to appear in a SmartForm. When selected for editing within a SmartForm, it changes as shown below.
- Once the flow is complete, assign the flow an identifiable name, andSave and Deploy it in SmartFlows.
- Once the flow has been deployed in SmartFlows, it appears in the drop–down menu of Custom flows in Engage and can then be used in an outbound campaign.