Executing SmartFlows Using Slack Slash Commands
- An AWS account with Admin Privileges
- An Atmosphere® SmartFlows account
- A Slack account
- cURL or PostMan to test the API Endpoint (Optional)
- Create your SmartFlows (see Executing SmartFlows from an External Source)
- Create a Serverless function to send your Slack commands to SmartFlows (see Creating an AWS Lambda Serverless Function to Execute a SmartFlow)
Creating the Slack App
Slack apps provide the packing for any functionality you wish to implement through Slack.
- Create a Slack workspace.
- Click your workspace name and select Settings & Administration -> Manage apps from the drop-down menu.
- Select Build from the menu options on the top right side of the slack app directory.
- Under Your Apps, click Create an App.
- In the Create a Slack App pop-up, enter a name for your app and select your workspace from the Development Slack Workspace drop-down list.
- Click Create App, and you will be brought to your application’s Settings Basic Information section.
- Under the Add Features and Functionality section, click Slash Commands (or select Slash Commands from the menu on the left).
- Click Create New Command.
- Configure the command:
- Command: The command you enter to execute the SmartFlow.
- Request URL: The URL of your Lambda function.
- Short Description: A description that appears as a hint to the purpose of the function.
- Usage Hint: When using parameters, this helps guide how to format the request.
- Click Save.